Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanted to leave this link here - good advice that applies to potcoin imo..

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanted to leave this link here - good advice that applies to potcoin imo..

http://cryptofrenzy.wordpress.com/20...-is-overrated/

Just keep working. We have a great thing here. All that is needed is to keep working, and ignore the price. The main aim, imo, is to simply survive until the shit coins all die. But I think this coin and this community in particular already get this to a degree. Just don't get too focused on price. There will be booms, and there will be busts, but just keep going, keep working on getting the dispensaries and vendors signed up, keep working on promotion and getting the volume up, but don't get hung up on the price - that's really key. Price means shit right now.

Good advice, the preferred coin of the cannabis industry is long term, a fledgling currency in world where governments are awakening to the massive economic benefits that New Legislation can bring.

Sadly, My own country have far to go but it has not stopped myself and a group of friends paying our local medical cannabis getter via potcoin in Glasgow Scotland . home of www.legallymadideas.com

I posted somewhere about the idea of the PotCoin hierarchy making approaches to the other cannabis related coins out there to let go, join the PotCoin team, work with them on uniting the cannabis community behind one coin with the one price standard.

each rival coin owner would become a valued family potcoin member , representing potcoin in their city

anyway Laddie , I am blabbing on now

take care

George

Comment

I'd love to see more collaboration, but I really wouldn't like to see mergers. Diversity versus homogeneity is pretty much the only objective moral dichotomy there is. Homogeneity works well, don't get me wrong. It just works *too* well, and leads to group-think, low resilience, and power corrupting. Competition is healthy, so long as it is taken in the right spirit and not abused. You wouldn't want a one party state, and in the end, I don't think you would want just one cannabis-related coin. There has to be something to fall back on should the worst happen. Besides, the potential market cap of this sector is huge. You don't have just one computer company, or just one brand of footwear - there's room enough here for several. Besides, the main objection to there being more than one coin - merchant take-up, will soon be irrelevant as third parties come out with software, along the lines of Vericoins 'Bitpay', which will make it easy for vendors to accept any coin without having the hassle of multiple processes.

Comment

• Legallymad
        Legallymad commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that laddie, I understand , however could you explain the market cap thing

Sure. Take the entire legal cannabis industry, slowly add what is now black-market (i.e. most of it), and you have the potential future market cap. This article suggest that the U.S alone has a cannabis market worth 30-40 billion dollars. It's expensive over there compared to the rest of the world, but total, globally, and you must be talking 9 figures - in the low hundreds of billions (It's expensive in a lot of other places too - europe, australia especially). This total value of the market globally is essentially up for grabs by Potcoin. If Potcoin got, say, ten percent of this market from fiat (a conservative estimate over enough time, but one that factors in competitors and signifcant success for Potcoin), then Potcoins market cap would be around 10-30 billion dollars. Since there are 420 million Potcoins going to ever be produced, this would equate to a possible $2.5-7.5 per Potcoin.

Comment

• Legallymad
        Legallymad commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks laddie , I understand but how can you have the pot coin total figure ?

Originally posted by Grimeandreason View Post
      Sure. Take the entire legal cannabis industry, slowly add what is now black-market (i.e. most of it), and you have the potential future market cap. This article suggest that the U.S alone has a cannabis market worth 30-40 billion dollars. It's expensive over there compared to the rest of the world, but total, globally, and you must be talking 9 figures - in the low hundreds of billions (It's expensive in a lot of other places too - europe, australia especially). This total value of the market globally is essentially up for grabs by Potcoin. If Potcoin got, say, ten percent of this market from fiat (a conservative estimate over enough time, but one that factors in competitors and signifcant success for Potcoin), then Potcoins market cap would be around 10-30 billion dollars. Since there are 420 million Potcoins going to ever be produced, this would equate to a possible $2.5-7.5 per Potcoin.
      10-30 billion dollar market cap on potcoin would mean 25-75 bucks a potcoin!!! Let's not underestimate potcoin

Comment

Ha! Thanks for the decimal correction. That *is* tasty lol.

Comment

Does anyone do a WordPress integration for PotCoin? I have an incredible system for buying and selling cannabis... OG-Connect.com

Menu/Shopping Cart to place online orders for delivery or instore pickup. lots of cool features for collectives/clubs or the back alley hustlers. Anyone can start their own cannabis delivery service in their own area starting at $42.0 dollars per month.

All I need now is a PotCoin gateway....

Comment

Working...
          X